Monday, October 12, 2009

What's my motivation?

I am sorry for my absence, fellow losers. I have taken up an entry or two this week, but I can't seem to finish them. The main topic I wanted to address was motivation, so I guess it's irony that I cannot find the motivation to finish.

One lesson I learned in September is that, in order to succeed, you need motivation. Too often, I would start a diet/workout because my pants were getting too tight, or my favorite shirt made me look like a sausage link. I was focused and motivated....until my clothes started to fit right. Then, I got a little less driven. Then a little less. September was different, because I had a different goal ($100). M and I are on the Dave Ramsey plan, so money is tight. Every time I wanted to ignore my alarm instead of going running, I remembered the cash. When I wanted to cut my exercise short, I focused on what I would buy with my newfound reward.

What motivates you? What do you draw on to get you to the finish? How do you keep yourself from getting seconds?

No comments:

Post a Comment