Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The first month in review

In order to catch you up, fellow losers, here is how the first month passed:

First, I had to find how many calories I was consuming. After all, there are only two ways to shed pounds. However, not suffering from OCD, I limited my calorie counting to the first week. That was enough to give me an idea of "If I eat this, it's about this many calories." My goal was to keep my calorie intake at or below 2000 (prior to the diet, I was consuming between 2500 and 3500 daily). I arrived at this number using one of the many Basal Metabolic Rate calculators online. Instead of counting the calories as I ate, I used Calorielab.com to estimate my caloric intake each day.

Next, I devised a workout plan. Nothing too strenuous, since I did not want to burn out too early. I chose walking/running and stretching/yoga. No weight lifting, since the goal was weight loss. I did this Monday to Thursday only.

That's it. Day after day. Below are a summary of my before and after:

My starting weight: 256.8 lbs
My ending weight: 238.8 lbs

My ending waist measurement: -3 in

Starting daily calorie intake: 2500-3500
Ending daily calorie intake: 1700-2200

My exercise regimen:
Monday-Thursday-
-Stretching/Yoga - (20 min)
-Run/walk (mostly walk)
--Week 1: 1 mile
--Weeks 2 & 3: 2 miles
--Week 4: 3 Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment